~~ This particular course will be presented via Zoom. ~~
This training course focuses on what it means to be accountable within the Uniting Church in Australia.
Those who offer leadership in the church need to be aware of what it means to be accountable within the Uniting Church in Australia.
The Ethical Ministry course teaches about power, boundaries, pastoral responsibilities and the church’s Regulations and Code of Ethics.
Course content focuses on education on the issues surrounding the use of:
- pastoral responsibilities, and
- UCA Regulations and Code of Ethics concerning Ministers of the Word.
NOTE:- This course is separate from the half-day Ethical Ministry refresher courses organised by Presbyteries.
This foundational course is complemented throughout the year by Ethical Ministry Refreshers facilitated by presbyteries.
|Dates:||Tuesday, 11 Aug. –
Wednesday, 12 August 2020
|Time:||Start: 9:30 a.m. /
Finish: 4:30 p.m. (each day)
||$92 per person (via Zoom).
Includes course materials.
||Presented online via Synod’s
‘Zoom’ video conference service
||Joanna Drayton, Ben Gilmour|
|UME Grant:||Short-term Education Grants are available for those in financial need.
Please go to the UME Scholarships page for more information.
A booklet of pre-course readings will be e-mailed to you upon registration.
There is no pre-course written task set for this course.
Click on the ‘Register Here’ button below to register and pay in advance. Registration in advance is essential.
Please note that free tickets are reserved for the use of Uniting Church Candidates for Ministry currently enrolled in the ministry formation program, and also for those in the Admission of Ministers program.
Please note: Registrations close – Thursday, 6 August at 11:30 p.m.
Payment Processing Instructions
If you’re unfamiliar with the Eventbrite online registration process, please read through our step-by-step guide to completing your payment and registration –
Overview of joining the session via Zoom
As well as on-site, this course will be presented via the Zoom video conference platform.
- Once your course registration has been recorded, you will receive a calendar invitation to join the workshop which contains an internet link which will become operational at the time the course is scheduled to commence.
- At the time you click on the link to join the video conferece you will be prompted to download & install the Zoom software (if you don’t have it installed already). This will open the course ‘meeting room’ video & audio on your screen.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the procedure for joining a Zoom video conference, click here for a short [1 min 9 sec] video tutorial.
If you would like more information about this course, please contact:
UME Reception | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 8838 8912