Ethical Ministry Refreshers are part of the NSW & ACT Synod’s requirements for ministers to recieve ongoing training. Participation in two half-day refreshers is expected, each year.
Participants are required to have read and considered the case studies relevant to the topic (as provided in the course workbook), and each participant is expected to prepare a one-page reflection sheet on one of these case studies of his, or her choosing. When the group meets, participants are invited to share their reflections and discuss issues that arise.
Facilitators are to select 2-3 case studies for discussion during the session:
- There will be ‘paired discussions’ and group discussions concerning the implications of each case study.
- Please bring a copy of the UCA Code of Ethics and Ministry Practice with you as this is the basis from which informed discussions will develop.
|Date:||Thursday, 27 August 2020|
|Times:||1:50 p.m. for a 2 p.m. Start / 4 p.m. Close|
|Format:||Presented online via Synod’s
‘Zoom’ video conference service
|Topic:||2020B – COVID-19: The Pastoral Relationship Online|
|Participants’ Resource Book:||Click on the image to download:|
|Case Studies for Discussion:||The case studies chosen by the facilitator for discussion during this session are:
Case Study 1 – Page 12 of the Resource Book
Case Study 3 – Page 13
Case Study 4 – Page 14
|Written Reflection:||Participants are reminded to choose one of the available six case studies to write a reflection on. This written reflection will need to be submitted to the facilitator on the day of your session.|
|Cost:||Free of charge –
please register in advance via the ‘Register Here’ button below.
Overview of joining the session via Zoom
This workshop will be conducted via the Zoom video conference platform.
- Once your workshop registration has been recorded, you will receive a calendar invitation or an e-mail reminder to join the workshop, which contains an internet link which will become operational at the time the workshop is scheduled to commence.
- At the time you click on the link to join the video conferece you will be prompted to download & install the Zoom software (if you don’t have it installed already). This will open the workshop video & audio on your screen.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the procedure for joining a Zoom video conference, click here for a short [1 min 9 sec] video tutorial.
- If you don’t have access to a computer or a smartphone, you will also have the option of joining the workshop via telephone (details will be included in the calendar invitation).
Links to UCA National Assembly Code of Ethics/Conduct
These documents are also available for download respectively from the: ‘Regulations’ and the ‘Policies’ tabs of the Regulations & Policies page of the Assembly’s website, i.e.:
Online Registration Form
Click on the ‘Register Here’ button that appears below, to be directed to the online registration form.
Please Note: Registration for this session will close – Wednesday, 26 August at 3 p.m.
The ‘Register Here’ button above, can also be used to register for either of the additional sessions scheduled:
- Tuesday, 8 September, 10 a.m. – 12 noon
If you would like more information about this course, please contact:
UME Reception | email@example.com | 02 8838 8912