~~ This particular course will be presented via Zoom. ~~
Having a clearer understanding of who you are, who we are, and how we journey together, influences how effectively we engage with the issues of our time; how we make decisions together, and how effectively we communicate and nurture one another in our shared Christian discipleship.
This is a one-day orientation to the: history, polity and ethos of the Uniting Church. You’ll learn about how the Uniting Church came to be, its journey so far, how we make decisions together, how we understand and nurture leadership as a ‘Pilgrim People on the Way’.
This course also serves as one of the units included in the Living Our Faith Series studied by members of the church seeking to deepen their faith, or studying towards qualification as a lay preacher.
This day is for…
- All those who attend a Uniting Church
- All those in local leadership positions in the Uniting Church
- Employees of the Uniting Church and its agencies
|Dates:||Saturday, 15 August 2020|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
||$50 per person.
Includes course materials.
||Presented online via Synod’s
‘Zoom’ video conference service
||Joanna Drayton, Ben Gilmour|
|UME Grant:||Short-term Education Grants are available for those in financial need.
Please go to the UME Scholarships page for more information.
Please register and pay in advance, by clicking on the ‘Register Here’ button that appears below. Registration in advance is essential.
Registrations close: at 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 11 August 2020.
Payment Processing Instructions
If you’re unfamiliar with the Eventbrite online registration process, please read through our step-by-step guide to completing your payment and registration –
Overview of joining the session via Zoom
As well as on-site, this course will be presented via the Zoom video conference platform.
- Once your course registration has been recorded, you will receive a calendar invitation to join the workshop which contains an internet link which will become operational at the time the course is scheduled to commence.
- At the time you click on the link to join the video conferece you will be prompted to download & install the Zoom software (if you don’t have it installed already). This will open the course ‘meeting room’ video & audio on your screen.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the procedure for joining a Zoom video conference, click here for a short [1 min 9 sec] video tutorial.
If you would like more information about this course, please contact:
UME Reception | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 8838 8912
Not information you’re looking for?
Try the link below for more general information about the Living Our Faith series: