This 4-week program will work through the Assembly standards and responsibilities of mentoring – particularly focused on building capacity and competency, for the mentoring of Period of Discernment, Phase 3, Ministry of Pastor and Admission of Ministers candidates .
This is not a course designed to make one an expert in mentoring. However, there will be some companion reading on mentoring, as well as the opportunity for peer reflections and learnings on the topic of mentoring.
Mentoring for Period of Discernment, Phase 3, Ministry of Pastor and Admission of Ministers is an essential part of encouraging and building our ministry and missional leadership development across the Synod. All Phase 4 ministers are encouraged (according to the four phases of formation framework) to be in mentoring relationships with others.
This course is recommended for all: Ministers of the Word, and Ministry of Deacon, engaged in their Phase 4 of Ministry; as well as experienced Ministry of Pastor, and Lay Leaders.
Consider participating in this program; either to refresh, your thinking and approaches, or to begin to explore how mentoring ministry development can assist your ministry practice.
|Dates:||Part 1 of 4 – Wed, 7 October 2020|
|Part 2 of 4 – Wed, 14 October 2020|
|Part 3 of 4 – Wed, 21 October 2020|
|Part 4 of 4 – Wed, 28 October 2020|
|Time:||9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (each day)|
|Cost:||$20 per person.|
|Format:||Presented via Synod’s
‘Zoom’ video conference service.
|Facilitators:||The course will draw on a number of facilitators across the Synod.|
|UME Grant:||A Short-term Education Grant is available to defray some of the cost of this course for those in financial need.|
In preparation for the beginning of the course, participants are asked to perform two tasks.
- Watch Kam Phillips’ TEDx talk on YouTube [19 mins] by clicking on the link provided below:
Mentorship will change the world: Kam Phillips at TEDxCoMo
- Download a free copy of John Mallison’s book: Mentoring to Develop Disciples and Leaders [PDF 220 pages] which will be referred to during the course..
Please register and pay in advance, by clicking on the ‘Register Here’ button that appears below. Registration in advance is essential.
Registrations close on: Friday, 2 October 2020, at 6 p.m.
Payment Processing Instructions
If you’re unfamiliar with the Eventbrite online registration process, please read through our step-by-step guide to completing your payment and registration –
Overview of joining the course via Zoom
This workshop will be conducted via the Zoom video conference platform.
- Once your course registration has been recorded, you will receive a calendar invitation to join the course which contains an internet link which will become operational at the time the workshop is scheduled to commence.
- At the time you click on the link to join the video conference, you will be prompted to download & install the Zoom software (if you don’t have it installed already). This will open the workshop video & audio on your screen.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the procedure for joining a Zoom video conference, click here for a short [1 min 9 sec] video tutorial.
- If you don’t have access to a computer or a smartphone, you will also have the option of joining the course via telephone (details will be included in the calendar invitation).
If you would like more information about this course, please contact:
UME Reception | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 8838 8912
~Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay.~