“Adult fellowship is the coming together of women and men in the church for a wide variety of: spiritual, social, educational, recreational, service and mission support activities.”
UCAF-NSW/ACT Mission Statement
The purpose of Uniting Church Adult Fellowship – NSW Synod Committee (UCAF-NSW/ACT) is to promote fellowship within the Church by drawing people together — to motivate, to nurture, to collect and share information, and to be a link between Presbytery, Congregational groups across the Synod of NSW and the UCAF-National Committee.
There are many kinds of organised fellowship groups in congregations formed to meet the needs of members. It is not necessary to have “fellowship” in the name for it to be a fellowship group. All adult groups can have a link with UCAF Presbytery, Synod and National Committees.
Some Fellowship Groups:
Bible Study Groups, Missionary Support, Family Fun, Friendship, Womens, Language Classes, Crafty, People, Mens, Young Christian Parents, Couples Clubs, Sport and Recreation, Singles, Mums and Bubs, Drama and Art, YAMS (Young and Married)
How We Relate
UCAF-NSW/ACT relates to the Synod through ‘Uniting Mission and Education’ and consists of people appointed by presbytery committees. There are also a number of individual members. Both men and women are members of this committee.
A contact person is appointed by each UCAF-Presbytery Committee. The synod committee keeps in touch through this contact person by an exchange of minutes, reports, newsletters and personal letters. It is intended that the contact person should share relevant items with and through the groups in the Presbytery. Proxy members on UCAF-NSW/ACT are appointed for Rural Presbytery Committees.
UCAF-Synod Committees from each Synod relate to the UCAF-National Committee (UCAF-NC) which is based in each Synod in turn for a three year term. Liaison between the National Committee and Synod Committee is through a corresponding member.
With the object of promoting wider Christian Fellowship, UCAF-NSW/ACT maintains links with organisations with similar ideals and appoints representatives to the following …
- Australian Church Women
- National Council of Women
- Pan Pacific and South East Asia Women’s Association
- World Day of Prayer Committee
Through UCAF National Committee we are linked with the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women <www.wfmucw.org>.
2019-21 Project Details
The UCAF promotes a Special Project for support of groups in the church.
The project for 2019–21 is: UnitingWorld – “Women in Ministry” – Scholarship Program for Women in the Pacific.
For more details, click on the link below:
Some Functions of UCAF-NSW/ACT
- Provides resources and support for adult fellowships in Congregations and Presbyteries.
- Seeks to inform adult fellowships of relevant information concerning fellowship activities throughout Australia and overseas.
- Through National Committee maintains links with and pays fees to some of the world bodies with which the uniting denominations of our church have longstanding relationships, i.e. the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women.
- Entertains, as appropriate, interstate and overseas visitors from affiliated organisations.
- Publishes a Yearbook and an occasional ‘Connexion’ Newsletter.
- Prepares the Fellowship page in the NSW Synod magazine.
- Arranges for representatives to accept invitations to functions arranged by other denominations, and invites other denominations to UCAF functions.
- Appoints proxy members to UCAF-NSW/ACT for those Presbytery Committees which are unable to send a representative.
- Provides a range of devotional resources for use in adult fellowships. Many of these relate to the festivals of Easter and Christmas.
- Raises funds to maintain its work by the sale of UCA souvenir items and stationary.
- Each year assists with arrangements and caters for the Moderator’s Lunch for Retired Ministers.
- Each three years sends a delegation to the National Consultation of Adult Fellowships. This is the business and planning meeting for UCAF.
- Encourages people to attend the National Celebration (for spiritual and physical renewal) which is organised every three years by the National Committee.
The latest edition of the Connexion Newsletter can be found elsewhere on this website.
Please click on the link provided below to be directed to it:
Please contact UCAF via the contact form provided at the bottom of the page if you have not yet received a hardcopy of the Yearbook.
Adult Fellowship Brochure
For your copy of the words to the fellowship hymn, click on the link provided below:
Visitation & More Information
Representatives of UCAF-NSW/ACT are available to visit fellowship groups in congregations and presbyteries to help them become aware of the wide network around Australia of which we are a part.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like to know more about the activities mentioned in this leaflet, or have any queries regarding Adult Fellowship please contact:
or, complete the form provided below: