The May Macleod Lectures
Uniting Mission & Education regularly hosts a public lecture in the memory of May Macleod, a lay woman dedicated to the sharing of faith and love, in order to present the many ministries in which people of God serve, particularly the ministries of “the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the humble, the peacemakers”. The primary aim of the lecture is to present issues of concern to the church and its members in a form that is accessible for ordinary people and that will encourage and support their ministry within the body of Christ including the wider community.
Learn more about the May Macleod Lecture Series | 1987 to Today
The May Macleod Lectures are hosted by United Theological College
- November 21 2017, Dr Sathi Clarke – Beyond Islamophobia: Christians and Muslims in collaboration
- August 27, 2014 Clay Schmit – Preaching in the 21st Century
- October 3, 2012 Peter Rollins – Fullness of life on a journey to death
- July 18, 2011 Peter Privett – Supporting Childrens Spirituality
- May 18, 2010 Holly Schut – Midlife Momentum
- May 12, 2009 Ciaron O’Reilly – Faith and Resistance in a Time of Never Ending War
- May 15, 2008 Val Webb – God-imagery for a 21st Century Global Community
- May 24, 2007 Stephanie Dowrick – Who owns you, God? Questions about Interfaith explored from a Christian perspective.
- April 26, 2006 Alan Rice – 140 Years in Retrospect: An update on Special Religious Education
- May 19, 2005 Robert Fitzgerald – Who’s killing Micah and his Message? Recommitting to justice, love and faith in a prosperous Australia
- May 6, 2004 Deidre Palmer – Values, virtues and civil society
- May 15, 2003 Andrew Dutney – Praying for Peace
- May 23, 2002 Lowitja O’Donoghue – Our Father’s Business: an agenda for the church in contemporary Australia
- May 14, 2001 Tim Costello – Love and Justice
- May 25, 2000 Ronald Wilson – The healing of a nation
- May 12, 1999 Colin Gibson – Laughter in the Presence of God?
- May 7, 1998 Frances Brienen – Mission in Bold Humility – Sharing in God’s Mission Today
- May 4, 1997 Lois Wilson – Remembered Visions
- May 9, 1996 Richard Randerson – Will human community service economic?
- May 4, 1995 Denham Grierson – A new path to the Waterfall
- May 5, 1994 David Greenhaw – Disappointment and Hope at the Edge of the Promised Land
- May 6, 1993 Cynthia Winton-Henry with Phil Porter – Christ’s Body; our Body: The Art and Danger of Being Incarnate
- May 7, 1992 Ian Gilman – East from the Jordan – Christians in Asia before Vasco da Gama
- May 19, 1991 Sheila Rudofsky – Challenging Times
- May 17, 1990 James Torrance – The Ministry of Reconciliation, Sectaranism and Civil Religion
- May 18, 1989 Janet Wood – A Platypus Pentecost: Unity and Diversity in the Australian Churches
- April 14, 1988 Robert Banks – Bringing theology down to Earth
- May 5, 1987 John Macintyre – The shape of the ministry