Uniting Mission & Education was formed in 2012, and brings together the work of the Board of Mission and the Board of Education.
Uniting Mission & Education (UME) is part of the Synod of the Uniting Church in NSW and ACT
UME staff are here to assist the Church to provide education, theological insight, strategy, research and resources for leadership, discipleship, ministry and mission to serve Christ who rules and renews the Church and seeks the reconciliation of creation. Our approach is to encourage a creative and pioneering spirit; to contextualise; to be a prophetic voice; model what we are about; and engage in reflective practice.From the Synod Bylaws… The objects of UME are to:
- assist the Church and equip the Synod to provide education, theological insight, strategy, research and resources for leadership, discipleship, ministry and mission to serve Christ who rules and renews the Church and seeks the reconciliation of creation”;
- promote theological, missional and spiritual reflection and activity across the life of the Synod;
- encourage and advocate for creative and life- giving mission and ministry practice appropriate to the context;
- advocate on educational issues and oversee the provision of educational services;
- engage in research, resource development and education for mission and ministry;
- actively promote collaboration in mission and education across the Synod and the councils of the Church.
- Develop an understanding of the gospel that we can confidently articulate in the public square;
- Renew our internal relationships so that resources can flow to mission opportunities; and
- Rebuild our external relationships so that the God’s love and grace can flow to our communities.